Development of WinCvs/MacCvs/gCvs.
Browse CVS Repository
the cvs tree of WinCvs/MacCvs/gCvs.
SourceForge foundry for cvsgui
The project is now hosted by SourceForge, see the development home page.
Anonymous CVS repository access
- User: anonymous
- Host: cvsgui.cvs.sourceforge.net
- Cvsroot: /cvsroot/cvsgui
- In the cvs client, fill the CVSROOT field with ":pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/cvsgui".
- Use cvs login and enter the empty password.
- Issue a "cvs co -c" in the console in order to get the modules available (WinCvsSrc, MacCvsSrc, GCvsSrc...).
To get the latest gCvs version (GTK2) you have to use the GCvsSrc2 module with the tag GCVS_GTK2.
For MacCvs and gCvs after checking out the module you need to update the "cvs-1.10"
folder or "cvsunix"
folder with the current branch.
The current branch has the form CVSGUI111X (X is the minor version).
Find out the latest branch using CVS repository.
It is currently CVSGUI111 (CVSGUI1112 for latest development).
For the latest WinCvs (that is WinCvsSrc module for versions later than 1.3b10) the cvs client code is not a part of the application.
If needed, it can be obtained from CVSNT home page.
Older WinCvs versions are to be found as WinCvsSrcOld module and should be checked out using explicit version tag.
Submitting patches / Write CVS repository access
You can send patches directly using the
Source Forge Tracker.
- Explain the patch and add the source code as an attachment (you can make an attachment after committing the report).
The policy for having a write access to the cvs repository is very simple
: ask for it. You'll need
to open an account at SourceForge
and send your SourceForge userid and login along with your request.
- But you should have previously submitted one or two patches before.
Sending bug reports
Source Forge Tracker.
You need to set-up an account so you keep being updated when a bug state
- First query the database for avoiding duplicate reports (you can corroborate an existing bug).
- Add an attachment if necessary : you can do an attachment after committing the report.
Please be as descriptive as possible : remember to give exact error messages,
version number of both your client and server.